ABOUT THE RACE:
This event is about releasing your competitive spirit, pushing yourself against others – and yourself. No medals, No T-shirt, just pure clean – and environmentally friendly fun.
We plan on repeating The Great Stair Challenge every season – so you can see if you can improve over time. We will have special awards for most improved participants, and we’ll track record holders for the course.
Current Course Record
MALE: Kuo Chun ku 7m29s
FEMALE: Hyon Shim Chong 9m53s
ABOUT THE COURSE:
We’ll be honest, the course consists of stairs, lots of stairs, over 1300 steps in all. There are beautifully crafted sculptures and decorations along the way, and if you need to take a quick break awesome views as well. Here are some pics from the course:
COURSE PREVIEW VIDEO:
The event base is located at 清溪綠地 – Qingxi Greenland Park (Google Map Link). It is nearby NCCU campus in Muzha.
The following buses get you within walking distance if you get off at the NCCU stop: 236 Shuttle, 237, 530, 611, 676. You can also take the MRT to Taipei Zoo Station and take a Youbike from there.
WHAT RUNNERS GET:
We’re keeping the entry fee low and the competitive spirits high. The focus of this event is the thrill of the challenge – against your competition and against those inner voices that tell you to stop. The organizers are preparing the following for the event:
- Official Race Bib
- Digital Finisher Certificate
- Runivore Energy Bar for recovery
- Runivore Chia Fresca, Water, and Snacks at the Finish Line
- Every participant will also be covered by event insurance
- Prizes will be awarded to top 3 finishers in the Male and Female categories.
- Coveted Zhinan Temple Stair Challenge King/Queen trophy will be awarded to #1 finishers in Male and Female categories.
Runners are responsible for their own safety and well being and must assess their exertion level as they proceed. Furthermore:
- Runners must be healthy and in good physical shape.
- Runners must fully complete the registration process and agree to abide by the rules and conditions of the event.
- Runners must be over 18 years of age or complete parental consent form if under the age of 18.
HOW TO REGISTER
Runners register by
- Filling out the form above.
- Clicking “ADD TO CART” above and following the check out process, including providing your last 5 digits of bank account if paying by bank transfer.
- We will contact you with email confirmation once your registration and payment has been processed.
Those who complete the registration will not be able to receive refund nor cancellation. Please ensure your willingness to participate before registration.
All runners can pickup their bibs and energy bars on race day at the race Start. Please show up by 8 AM at the latest (we will be there starting at 7AM). Bring your ID for identity confirmation.
We will have a location to leave your bag with a change of clothes. They will be monitored by one of Runivore staff members. Please do not bring anything of high value to the venue.
Questions / 問題:
English – 0987-117-699 (Tom)
中文 – 0955-851-351（Will）